Sunday, June 13, 2010

my weekend



Sitting in the sun at the markets with a friend.
I saw a Twilight poster and laughed and she turned to me and said, 'you know, I know you well enough that even if you liked Twilight, we could still be friends'. Apologies to any fans out there, but it made me laugh. (and yes, that is another yellow phone. Because four is just not enough)



Planting seeds for winter veges.
I made labels from chopsticks and duct-tape, an idea I got from a tutorial I saw which used cheap yellow pencils, but despite searching I've forgotten whose blog it was. Please let me know if it was you. It's a grand idea.


Making giant burritos with boy housemate, and eating too many.
He is a bad influence on me. We went grocery shopping and bought chocolate biscuits, iced vovos and multiple lolly packets. Multiple.


Watching soccer (sorry. football.) and sitting in front of the fire. With a warm cat.
Wondering how many games I can stay up late/ get up very early for. I don't usually watch, but am always one to get swept up with the excitement. Go Socceroos!

So very excited that when I found it I yelped and my friend (and several other people) thought I had encoutered some kind of spider. But just very very excited.



At the markets I bought 4 typed of potatoes and 2 kinds of sweet potato to roast with this organic chicken. Sunday roast.
(they were all delicious)
.
.
Looking forward to a wonderful week.
.
I hope your weekend was lovely!

4 comments:

Nick said...

Love your typewriter. I have 'thing' for them as well, but as I already have an Olivetti, my husband has banned any more from the house. Your idea for the seeds is great. I have been racking my brains to come up with something a bit more stylish than a cut up ice cream container for my seedling. I will give them a go.

shine little light* said...

Perfection!!! Twilight makes me laugh too. I saw about 20minutes when my housie was watching it and I commentated sarcastically the entire time. I think my version was heaps better.
Veggie labels are wonderful and so is your yellow telephone and so is your typewriter! Happyness!
*s*

Unknown said...

warm cat looks like 'happy warm cat' ..

Shaheen said...

I don't know what blog you saw the idea for the chopstick seed labels, but I love it and am keepign it in mind to make next time for my garden plot.

Thank you so much for sharing. I have really enjoyed looking at your blog and will be back for more inspiration.

Keep inspiring!