Thursday, February 26, 2009

Edwardo

I posted a while back about my friend coming to service my sewing machine *tee hee*. Well he has and she runs beautifully. To say thanks I made him a big furry creature with a skull face, I was kinda going with a 'Day of the Dead' thing (he's mexican) and planned to embroider these rad (I can't belive I just said rad) tattoos of skulls, roses and bones on the arms. Kinda like these sweet dolls.
.


Didn't really think ahead though and realised too late that it would be easier to embroider designs, then sew fabric into arms. Doh. So no tatts for this fellow, next time..



and all done! this photo doesn't show the arms though.. I sewed them on later.



I was mucking around with an idea for eyebrows- what do you think?


By the way, his name is now Edwardo and he's very happy in his new home.
I've got the materials for one more, so I'm going to pop his pics in my shop as a custom order item.

No comments: