Thursday, May 14, 2009

e=mc2 yarn


How great is it? Free printable cards like this one, and heaps of free knitting patterns at lion brand yarn.
I have almost finished my scarf, first knitting project completed ever! Now I know how to knit, purl, increase, decrease AND cast on/off, the challenge of a pattern is tempting me. Baby booties perhaps. A beanie for a monster, a jumper even. How hard could it be? (famous last words if ever I've uttered them..)
I like knitting. It is (one of) my new things. I curl up on the couch, with a cup of tea, and a cat, and knit away and chat. And my housemates look at me and smile, and shake their head. I am in my mid-twenties. I love nanna-styles now, where can I go from here? Perhaps I will have a mid-life crises and take up skydiving and extreme adventures.. Perhaps I will keep on knitting.

2 comments:

Roll said...

or...? Knit while sky diving? hehee yesss!!! ... I actually saw a 100 year old lady sky dive for her birthday a few years ago.. good on her, not sure how I got involved, I think I was designing a book cover of her memoirs. Anyway.

The lion brand site has bulk good patterns hey! I love the knitted afghans, hence my next project. Did you know if you cast on, then go between knit and purl you get the stockinette stitch so it looks all perfectly neat on each side and stuff? Rad stuff. hehe.

pepper said...

100! Gosh! yeah the patterns are great, thanks for the link and sorry I forgot to give you kudos for it! KUDOS!